Serving the youth of the church
Everyone begins and ends the day in their hotel at the ELCA Youth Gathering. Morning programming includes opportunities for worship, gatherings that help youth get up and get going with music and community-building activities. Some hotels have exercise and yoga sessions; some have morning devotions. Evening activities have historically included dances, live music clubs, game rooms, quiet spaces to hang out with friends and small service experiences, like preparing school kits.
A Community Life Team staffs each hotel and is responsible for providing hospitality, being a conduit for communication with Youth Gathering planners as well as hotel staff, and troubleshooting situations that arise. A Community Life Team consists of pastors, adult counselors and young adult leaders who facilitate worship, and generally promote a healthy, fun and faith-forming experience for young people at the ELCA Youth Gathering.Eligibility:
Applicants must be 19 years of age, at least out of high school (successfully graduated) for one year and in good health.If accepted to serve on a Community Life Team at the 2012 ELCA Youth Gathering, you will be responsible for the following:
- Transportation to and from New Orleans, LA, and parking on-site, if applicable.
- Arrival in New Orleans by 1:00pm on Monday, July 16, 2012, through Sunday, July 22, departing after 3:00 pm.
The Gathering will provide the following:
- Meals on days of service at the Gathering.
- Complimentary hotel accommodations, with check-in on Monday, July 16, 2012, and check out on Sunday, July 22, 2012.
- Travel assistance of $200 per individual.