Gathering Volunteer Corps (GVC)
Serving the youth of the church
The Gathering Volunteer Corps serves in multiple capacities throughout the gathering. This can include, but not be limited to, ushering in the Superdome, checking wristbands at Community Life activities, directing foot traffic in the Interaction Center, helping with registration, answering telephones, staffing an information booth, or moving equipment in the Convention Center.
Applicants must be 19 years of age and at least out of high school (successfully graduated) for one year and in good health.
If accepted to serve as a member of the Gathering Volunteer Corps at the 2012 ELCA Youth Gathering, you will be responsible for the following:
The Gathering will provide the following:
- Transportation to and from New Orleans, LA, and parking on-site, if applicable.
- Arrival in New Orleans by 1:00pm on Monday, July 16, 2012, through Sunday, July 22, departing after 3:00 pm.
- Meals on your days of service at the Gathering.
- Complimentary hotel accommodations, with check-in on Monday, July 16, 2012, and check out on Sunday, July 22, 2012.
- Travel assistance of $200 per individual.