Giving for the Future
You joyously give today. And you want to carry on your legacy of faithfulness into the future. One way to achieve that includes making a planned gift — a transformational gift — to the ELCA, one that exemplifies your lifelong commitment to ministry and mission.
The ELCA Foundation can accompany you as you answer the call to continue to live as a faithful and generous steward. We provide a wide range of planned giving options to enable you to make a more significant gift than you thought possible, while at the same time advancing your financial and estate planning goals. We can help you choose the option that is right for you and the ministries you wish to support.
The examples and information provided on this website are for illustrative and educational purposes only and should not be considered tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax or legal advisor about proceeding with your gift plan.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, via the ELCA Foundation, currently does not offer charitable gift annuities to any individuals in the states of Alabama and Hawaii.
A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.
- Charitable gift annuities provide fixed payments for life, with the remainder benefiting ministry. Minimum irrevocable gift amount: $10,000. Click here for more information. Click here for a planned giving calculator.
- Charitable remainder trusts provide a stream of income for a term of years or for life. The remainder benefits ministry. Minimum amount: $100,000. Click here for more information. Click here for a planned giving calculator.
- Donor-advised funds allow distribution of gifts to be shared with multiple ministries. Minimum initial gift: $10,000
- Donor-directed distribution agreements provide flexibility on how your gifts are named and where they are distributed, with a maximum number of 10 beneficiaries. Any size gift is welcome.
- Memorial endowment funds are established with outright gifts or through other gift vehicles in your name or in memory of a loved one. Minimum gift: $25,000.
- A gift through a will or bequest. Click here for more information.