Best Practices Checklist for Churchwide Leaders
Vocation of First Call Congregations Project, 2010
Download this checklist Download this checklist
A checklist of ideas that can enhance or sustain best practices for churchwide leaders related to beginning a first call in public ministry in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- ___ People are equipped for their callings by developing and supporting leaders — from the Gospel, through the ELCA, for the world.
- ___ The church is centered in a Lutheran conversation about vocation.
- ___ Networking is a primary principle and method for connecting, learning and supporting rostered leaders.
- ___ A systemic development of leaders is facilitated across the institutions and agencies of the ELCA.
- ___ A “culture of call” is encouraged, acknowledging that God calls and claims each of us and sustains our faith.
- ___ Churchwide offices are assisted in practices of good stewardship of its institutions and programs.
- ___ Resources and their availability are communicated to target audiences in a timely fashion.
- ___ Periodic review and assessment of programs are undertaken in a decision-making process, involving those who are served by these programs.