- Have you considered teaching in a Lutheran school or early childhood education center?
- What are your special gifts? And what is the best way for you to use them?
Maybe your calling is to teach in a Lutheran school or early childhood education center — welcome to the ELCA Teacher Clearinghouse!
- Make a difference in the lives of God's children.
- Grow spiritually and professionally while feeling good about your accomplishments.
- Increase your knowledge and experience.
- Touch the lives of some of the 250,00 children attending Lutheran Schools and Early Childhood Education Centers.
- Introduce Jesus to some children for the first time.
Some people call it a career. Their lives count for something because they give so much to their students and their community. Teaching in a Lutheran school adds the extra dimension of learning and living in a Christian context. Teachers in Lutheran schools across the country and around the world are some of the finest you'll find anywhere. The quality programs provided by these teachers encourage students to reach their potential intellectually, emotionally, physically and spiritually. If the idea of a vocation that blends your faith into your daily life appeals to you, there is a great opportunity awaiting you as a teacher in Lutheran Schools and Early Childhood Education Centers.
|Percentage of teachers who say:
|Their job gives them a sense that they are respected and appreciated
|They can count on parental support
|Teachers' morale is high at their school
Teachers and Administrators
Schools and Early Childhood Education Centers
- Teachers in certain private schools may be eligible for cancellation or deferment of their students loans for service; check this fact sheet to see if you qualify.