Asian and Pacific Islander Lutheran Association
Association of Asian and Pacific Islanders (AAPI)
AAPI is an autonomous organization recognized by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America through its Multicultural Ministries unit. The Asian Lutheran association, for and led by Asians in the ELCA.
As the Association of Asians and Pacific Islanders of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, we gather:
- To express the Christian faith from an Asian and Pacific Islander perspective.
- To encourage the special gifts brought by the Asian and Pacific American community.
- To facilitate the full participation of Asian and Pacific Islander members of the ELCA to the fullness of the inclusiveness and diversity of the people of God.
- To facilitate and mentor the implementation of the National Strategic Plan of Ministries among the Asian and Pacific Islander community in the ELCA.
- To streghthen the unity of Asian and Pacific Islander community in the ELCA.
All Asian and Asian descent Lutherans in the ELCA congregations and ministries are members of the Association of Asians and Pacific Islanders - ELCA
For more information please contact, Rev. Dr. Edmond Yee, President of AAPI, at firstname.lastname@example.org