1. Attend all committee meetings.
2. Call and preside over meetings of the committee.
3. Set the agenda for committee meetings.
4. Record decisions and recommendations made by the committee.
5. Report the committee’s activities and recommendations to the executive committee or the full board.
6. Invite the chief executive and board chair to attend committee meetings.
7. Work with the chief executive and board chair to decide who should serve on the committee.
8. Delegate responsibilities to other committee members and encourage their full participation.
9. Evaluate the work of the committee with other committee officers, the board chair, and the chief executive in concert with the organization’s strategic plan