The Personnel Committee is commissioned by, and responsible to, the Board of Directors to assume the responsibility for advising it on matters pertaining to personnel administration and staffing.
Appointments and Composition
- Appointments of the Chair and members of the Personnel Committee shall be made annually by the President of the Board with the advice and consent of the Board in accordance with the By-laws.
- The Chair of this Committee shall be a member of the Board of Directors.
- Other members of this committee shall be members of the Board of Directors, subject to the conditions stated in the by-laws.
- Provide overall policy guidance for personnel matters in the organization.
- Submit, for final approval, recommendations on personnel policy matters to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- When requested by the Executive Director, provide policy advice to the Executive Director and CHR in the areas of training, employee benefits, employee relations, legal issues relating to employees, recruitment, interviewing, selection procedures, and the like.
- Review, with the Executive Director and CHR, the staffing pattern for the coming year.
- Annually submit objectives as part of the planning and budgeting process.
- Annually evaluate its work as a committee and the objectives it has committed itself to and report on same to the Board of Directors.
- Report to the Board of Directors on a regular basis in a manner determined by the Board.