Strategic Planning Committee
The Fund Development Committee is commissioned by and responsible to the Board of Directors to assume the primary responsibility for raising non-grant funds to meet the budget of the organization. The Board of Directors, in consultation with the Fund Development Committee, Finance Committee, Executive Director and Fund Developer, will determine the fundraising goal for the Fund Development Committee.
Appointments and Composition
- Appointments of the Chair and members of the Fund Development Committee shall be made annually by the President of the Board with the advice and consent of the Board in accordance with the By-laws.
- The Chair of this Committee shall be a member of the Board of Directors.
- Members of this committee shall be members of the Board of Directors, subject to the conditions stated in the by-laws. Additional committee members may be appointed and need not be members of the Board of Directors, subject to the conditions stated in the by-laws.
- Develop an annual fundraising plan that will generate the funds needed to meet the non-grant fundraising goal.
- Develop the necessary sub-committee systems to successfully carry out the fundraising events and activities that are part of the annual fundraising plan; Supervise the functions of the sub-committees.
- Develop a plan for involving Board members in the non-grant resource development activities of the organization.
- Investigate new resource development projects, activities, and ideas for possible use in the future.
- Annually submit objectives as part of the planning and budgeting process.
- Annually evaluate its work as a committee and the objectives it has committed itself to and report on same to the Board of Directors.
- Report to the Board of Directors at regular meetings of the Board in a manner determined by the Board.