Being on an outdoor ministry board is an important task. All board members need to understand what is expected of them as they begin their service.
Learn about the major areas of board responsibilities, the difference in church-affiliated organizations and the process of decision- making on a non-profit board.
Major Areas of Board Responsibility
- Provide vision and direction through strategic planning
- Select, support and evaluate the executive
- Establish and monitor policies
- Ensure fulfillment of legal requirements and standards
- Determine and monitor programs and services
- Approve budgets and monitor financial performance
- Assist in resource development
- Care for the health of the board