There are endless ways to become involved in the world of the Lutheran World Federation. Since God gives each one of us different fits and therefore different ways of serving, we have provided a list of ways to help further the mission of the LWF.
You can pray
Regularly remember your connection to the Lutheran World Federation in your own prayers and the Prayers of the Church in your congregation.
You can be informed
Through these pages and those on the LWF Geneva website, stay informed about issues and concerns within our global Lutheran family. On the LWF pages, you can access the news reports from Lutheran World Information news service on a daily basis. Go to the LWF homepage then to the Site Map and click on News. Keep up with current events from the perspective of our Lutheran Ministries.
You can build awareness
Help your congregation become aware of LWF projects and programs. Select a country in the LWF communion. Learn about the people and culture, the land, the challenges and opportunities. How is the LWF working with the church there? Are we digging wells? Administering a micro loan for small businesses? Educating midwives? Doing HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment? Planting trees? Helping develop an evangelism strategy and the resources to carry it out? Supporting a Christian education emphasis?
You can give a gift
Your gifts make ministry happen!
- Charitable gift annuity
- Appreciated assets
- Gifts in a will or estate
- Immediate gift of cash
- Give a gift to the LWF Endowment Fund to help create a lifeline of hope! A lifeline ... another change for peace, education, a voice for the opporessed, a common witness, a commitment to Christian unit.
- National and international humanitarian organizations operate in an increasingly complex and turbulent world where crises are not always predictable. The LWF has to plan in both the long and short term. Recessive economic trends, changes in laws and taxation, and currency exhcnage rate fluctuations jeopardize the vital ministries of the LWF. The Endowment Fund is vital to the future!
REMEMBER - it's more than a budget!
- It's a refugee mom with a toddler and a four-year-old
- It's a 15-year-old girl with AIDS
- It's a midwife in need of basic training
- It's a village in need of clean drinking water
- It's a refugee camp in need of goats
- It's a silk worm project in Bangladesh or a pig project in Haiti
- It's a ministry for the Healing of the World!
It's real people with life and death issues and YOU can make ministry happen!
Contact the LWF-Regional Office of North America at 1.800.638.3522 ext. 2615 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a financial gift to the LWF, please click here.