Mission and Vision
To build and cultivate the capacity of the church to serve youth, young adults and families so all may live for the glory of God and the good of creation.
The inclusive baptized communion of biblically and spiritually rooted young people and adults.
Forming strategic alliances
Reflecting God's diverse world
Accepting all people as valued children of God
Discerning and living God's will
Seeking and making use of the gifts of others
Honoring people where they are
Recognizing unique expressions of faith
Learning from peers of all ages and across generations
Alongside your day-to-day ministry we...
- Support congregations, synods, and regions in youth and family ministry
- Advocate for youth and young adults
- Encourage and support leadership development for all ages
- Promote service-learning for youth and young adults
- Bring youth and adults together through ELCA Youth Gathering experiences
- Promote continuing education for leaders
- Build alliances with youth and family ministry organizations
- Provide on-line ministry resources
- Keep an attentive ear and open heart to what's going on in the world and to God’s calling