Statement of Purpose Lutheran Partners
connects those serving in the public ministries of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America by publishing the voices of real people doing real ministry in the real world. March / April, 2010
was the last issue.
Lutheran Partners was a magazine of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). The Lutheran Church in America (LCA) first published it in 1979 as LCA Partners. In 1985 the American Lutheran Church entered a cooperative agreement with the LCA to publish the magazine, and its name was changed to Lutheran Partners. When these two church bodies and the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches merged to form the ELCA on January 1, 1988, Lutheran Partners continued its operations, this time housed within the Division for Ministry and then the Vocation and Education unit of the ELCA in the churchwide office in Chicago, Illinois.
At the time of printing the March / April 2010 issue:
- Print circulation: approximately 20,000 bi-monthly
- Web circulation: over 52,000 page views bi-monthly
- Frequency of publication: six times per year
- Print audience: over 17,600 active and retired Evangelical Lutheran Church in America pastors. Two thirds of the pastors work in the parish. One third of the pastors work in specialized ministries, such as theological education in seminaries, college education, chaplaincy, counseling, and others. Active and retired rostered lay ministers: 1,270. These leaders include youth and family workers, musicians, Christian education directors, administrators, and others.
Audio Braille Service
Lutheran Partners is available in Braille upon request by contacting the ELCA at (800) 638-3522 (ext. 2692) or Lisa.Cleaver@elca.org. For requests regarding audio, contact Augsburg Fortress at (800) 426-0115. The Braille and Tape Ministry of the ELCA is sponsored by the Church in Society program unit and supported by donor gifts.
- Print version: Copyright © Augsburg Fortress, Publishers. All rights reserved. See Copyrights & Permissions.
Statement of Ownership
Some images MAY BE copyright © Photodisc, Inc., or Shutterstock Images. All rights reserved. See Rights & Clearance.
Lutheran Partners was a member of the Associated Church Press.