Ten Best Practices for Health and Wellness
As faithful Lutherans, we understand the value and the importance of rules that guide us. Living in a way that is healthy and whole is essential in making the most of the life we were given. Here are some suggestions for being intentional about your health and wellness.
- Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- Love your neighbor as you love yourself — be an example of self-care as well as caring for others.
- Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy — be intentional about time for rest and renewal within your week, church year and life in ministry.
- Honor your body as a gift from God and temple of the Holy Spirit. Feed it healthy foods and build your physical and emotional endurance with regular physical activity.
- Honor your mother, father, siblings, spouse, and/or children with your love, respect, and time.
- Reflect your faith and use your gifts in your vocation.
- Develop healthy habits to keep your wholeness wheel in balance and to be fit for a ministry of service.
- Equip yourself to use your gifts effectively to proclaim and live out the Gospel in the world.
- Practice and seek forgiveness.
- Pray daily.