ELCA Hunger Education Grants
ELCA World Hunger is eager to support educational efforts that help reach our goals of teaching, organizing, and mobilizing Lutherans to fight hunger and poverty in our communities and around the world. ELCA Hunger Education grants are available to support local ELCA efforts to educate and mobilize ELCA congregations, groups, and/or synods toward better action and engagement against hunger and poverty. This particular grant program is most appropriate for ELCA congregations, synod teams, or organizations which seek to teach others about the root causes and solutions of hunger.
We are looking for 2-3 page proposals submitted by a non-profit charitable organization classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service, or operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a 501(c)(3) that must:
- Summarize how the proposal relates to the ELCA World Hunger Education Objectives andGuidelines
- Summarize how the project, event, or initiative will: a) Educate and mobilize ELCA congregations, groups, and/or synods; b) Influence this church body toward better action and engagement against hunger and poverty; and c) Encourage sustainable participation in the anti-hunger work of ELCA World Hunger
- Summarize the implementation and/or sustainability of your plan (identifying additional sources of funding if needed.)
- List two or three specific, measurable goals by which the success of your proposal implementation will be evaluated.
- The amount of funding you are seeking. Please include a budget for the event.
- Demonstrate an ELCA connection with one letter of support by an ELCA pastor, bishop, or Lutheran agency/institution that explains how a relationship between the organization and ELCA World Hunger impacts/enhances each other’s work and furthers the objectives and guidelines of ELCA World Hunger.
- Include your organization’s name, address, contact person, email, phone number, and tax ID number with your proposal.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.