On your mark…
Consider these helpful resources before leaving for NOLA–it’s getting close!
- NewOrleansOnline.com offers these printable coupons good with your out-of town driver’s license. They’re aimed at more traditional tourists, but a good share of them offer savings at various dining establishments.
- Here’s a quick link to the New Orleans long range weather forecast. (Hint: it’s going to be hot and humid. You’ll definitely make use of those water bottles!)
- Get a feel for local cuisine at WikiTravel’s guide to eating in New Orleans, including po-boys, gumbo, and beignets.
- Read Lonely Planet’s tips for life in the Big Easy.
- Take another look at the ELCA Youth Gathering main page–it’s undergone a lot of changes, including the addition of a Twitter feed. Tweet with the hashtag #JJJ09 to get in the stream.
- Make sure you have all the forms and materials you need, and read the JJJ Guidebook even before you get your printed copy in New Orleans!
- Encourage your congregation to keep up on what you’re doing. There’s no reason not to, because there are a lot of avenues of information flowing out of New Orleans. The Twitter feed on the Youth Gathering page is a great way for anyone to add their thoughts, just by including “#JJJ09″ with their tweets. Anyone in your church, family, or friends can also follow @ELCAyouth on Twitter or subscribe on a mobile phone. This blog will also be active throughout the Gathering, as well as other ELCA and youth bloggers.
And if you’ll be blogging at or about the Youth Gathering, leave me a comment–I’d love to add you to the blogroll.