Find a Congregation
Who We Are
What We Believe
Our Faith In Action
Growing In Faith
Welcome to the ELCA
Our Three Expressions
Statements of Belief
Stories of Faith in Action
Responding to the World
Peace Not Walls
ELCA-Affiliated Working Groups
The Kairos Initiative
Holy Land Youth Mission
Our Faith in Action
Peace Not Walls
Brit Tzedek v’Shalom
- America’s largest grassroots Jewish organization dedicated to promoting a negotiated two-state resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This means promoting a U.S. foreign policy which supports Israel, the Palestinians, and the Arab states in making the difficult compromises that are needed for a negotiated solution.
Chicago Faith Coalition on Middle East Policy
(CFCMEP) - In the spirit of interfaith understanding and cooperation and with deep dedication to human rights and international law, CFCMEP advocates for a fair and balanced U.S. Middle East policy that promotes the well-being, security, and economic prosperity of Israelis and Palestinians. They do so by presenting their positions to government officials, elected representatives, faith communities and the media.
- A network of informed and active individuals who understand the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the United States’ political, military, and economic role in it. To build and nurture such a network, we lead delegations of people from diverse backgrounds to Israel/Palestine. These delegations emphasize listening to and learning from those immersed in the reality of the conflict, and advancing the work of Israelis and Palestinians committed to nonviolent struggle and peace with justice. We seek to empower delegates to educate their local communities and the media.
The Kairos Project
- This organization seeks to educate American faith-based leaders and their communities of all political persuations about the causes of and the solutions to the modern conflict that ravages the Holy Land.
National Interreligious Leadership Initiative (NILI)
- A group of religious leaders, representing Jews, Christians and Muslims in communities across the country, which seeks commitments from U.S. government officials to make Arab-Israeli-Palestinian peace a high priority for U.S. foreign policy. The following are among NILI partner organizations:
Islamic Society of North America
(ISNA) - An association of Muslim organizations and individuals that provides a common platform for presenting Islam; supporting Muslim communities; developing educational, social and outreach programs and fostering good relations with other religious communities and with civic and service organizations.
Jewish Reconstructionist Federation
(JRF) - This is the Reconstructionist Judaism page on Israel issues.
Union of Reform Judaism
(URJ) - This is the page on Israel for the Reformed Judaism congregations in North America. You can also check out their
Religious Action Center
page on Israel to learn about their positions on the State of Israel and Middle East Peace.
United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
(USCJ) - An overview page of all the organizations and activites related to Israel that the USCJ supports.
Neve Shalom ~ Wahat al-Salam
- A village, jointly established by Jewish and Palestinian Arab citizens of Israel, that is engaged in educational work for peace, equality and understanding between the two peoples.
Rabbis for Human Rights
(RHR) - Established with the purpose of giving voice to the Zionist ideal the Jewish religious tradition of human rights, RHR promotes itself as the rabbinic voice of conscience in Israel.
Search Peace Not Walls
Our other sites:
The Lutheran Magazine
Find a Churchwide Ministry
Find a Congregation
Find a Person
Office of the Presiding Bishop
Office of the Treasurer
Office of the Secretary
Congregational and Synodical Mission
Portico Benefit Services
Lutheran Men in Mission
Mission Investment Fund
Women of the ELCA
© Evangelical Lutheran Church in America | 800-638-3522