Find a Congregation
Who We Are
What We Believe
Our Faith In Action
Growing In Faith
Welcome to the ELCA
Our Three Expressions
Statements of Belief
Stories of Faith in Action
Responding to the World
Peace Not Walls
ELCA-Affiliated Working Groups
The Kairos Initiative
Holy Land Youth Mission
Our Faith in Action
Peace Not Walls
Americans for Peace Now
(APN) - Founded in 1981 to support the activities of
(Peace Now in Israel). APN is the leading United States advocate for peace in the Middle East. APN's mission is to help Israel and the Shalom Achshav movement to achieve a comprehensive political settlement of the Arab-Israeli conflict consistent with Israel's long-term security needs and its Jewish and democratic values.
American Association for Palestinian Equal Rights
(AAPER) - An organization whose mission is to inform the American public about the human and national rights of the Palestinian people and the role of the United States in the Middle East.
- The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories was established by a group of prominent academics, attorneys, journalists, and Knesset members. It endeavors to document and educate the Israeli public and policymakers about human rights violations in the Occupied Territories, combat the phenomenon of denial prevalent among the Israeli public, and help create a human rights culture in Israel. B'Tselem acts primarily to change Israeli policy in the Occupied Territories and ensure that its government, which rules the Occupied Territories, protects the human rights of residents there and complies with its obligations under international law.
Foundation for Middle East Peace
(FMEP) - A nonprofit organization that promotes peace between Israel and Palestine, via two states, that meets the fundamental needs of both peoples. FMEP offers speakers, sponsors programs, makes small grants, and publishes the
Report on Israeli Settlement in the Occupied Territories
containing analysis, commentary, maps, and other data on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Holy Land Education and Peace Building Project
- Devoted to furthering the crucial role faith communities have in the search for peace in Israel and Palestine through education, consultative support, community-building, and the building of bridges of hope and trust between our society and those working for peace in the Holy Land.
Holy Land Trust
(HLT) - Established in Bethlehem, HLT seeks to empower the community through mobilizing its strengths and resources in order to address the challenges of the present and create real opportunities for the future.
- Founded in 2001 and became an independent organization in 2006. Interfaith Peace-Builders is not affiliated with any government, political party, or special interest group. It is funded through individual donations and foundations.
Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions
(ICHAD) - A non-violent, direct-action group originally established to oppose and resist Israeli demolition of Palestinian houses in the Occupied Territories. We have expanded our resistance activities to other areas - land expropriation, settlement expansion, by-pass road construction, policies of "closure" and "separation," the wholesale uprooting of fruit and olive trees and more.
Israel Policy Forum
- An advocacy-tank, combining the policy development and publications of a think tank, with the educational programming and advocacy initiatives of a lobby.
- J Street is the political arm of the pro-Israel, pro-peace movement. It promotes meaningful American leadership to end the Arab-Israeli and Palestinian-Israel conflicts peacefully and diplomatically.
The Jerusalem Fund
- Located in Washington DC the Jerusalem Fund is committed to the support of educational, humanitarian and cultural programs within the Palestinian community abroad as well as in the Occupied Territories.
- Seeks to promote the principles of democracy and good governance within various components of Palestinian society; it further seeks to engage local and international public opinion and official circles on the Palestinian cause. To that end, it adopts the mechanisms of an active and in-depth dialogue, the free flow of information and ideas, as well as local and international networking.
The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights
(PCHR) - Based in Gaza City the Centre is dedicated to protecting human rights, promoting the rule of law and upholding democratic principles in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Parents Circle/Family Forum
- Consisting of several hundreds of bereaved families, half Palestinian and half Israeli, The Families Forum has played a crucial role in spearheading a reconciliation process between Israelis and Palestinians. The Forum members have all lost immediate family members due to the violence in the region.
- A grassroots organization committed to building a deomcratic and just Palestinian society. It aims to improve the quality of relationships by: addressing injustices rather than avenging them; dignifying persons on both sides of the conflict; promoting human rights and advocating for peace among all people.
- Mission is to achieve a long-term structural improvement in the human rights situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT). We work for an immediate and meaningful change in the Israeli authorities' practices by documenting and disseminating accurate and up-to-date information about the systematic violation of human rights in the OPT, by raising public awareness of such violations, and by applying public and legal pressures on government agencies to end them.
Search Peace Not Walls
Our other sites:
The Lutheran Magazine
Find a Churchwide Ministry
Find a Congregation
Find a Person
Office of the Presiding Bishop
Office of the Treasurer
Office of the Secretary
Congregational and Synodical Mission
Portico Benefit Services
Lutheran Men in Mission
Mission Investment Fund
Women of the ELCA
© Evangelical Lutheran Church in America | 800-638-3522