Procreation Ethics Series
by Paul T. Nelson and Edward Schneider
Publications of the American Lutheran
- "Abortion: A Series of Statements" (1974-80)
- "Death and Dying" (1982)
- "Health, Life, and Death: A Christian Perspective" (1977)
- "Human Sexuality and Sexual Behavior" (1980)
- "The Value of Human Life" (1976)
Publications of the Lutheran Church in
- "Sex, Marriage, and Family" (1970)
- "Economic Justice" (1980)
- "The Human Crisis in Ecology" (1972)
- "Death and Dying" (1982)
- "Human Rights" (1978)
- Abortion and Christian Conscience: Theological and Ethical
Perspectives, edited by Paul Nelson (1984)
- Christian Faith and the Dying Patient, Roy J. Enquist
and Henry L. Wildberger (1967)
- Collected Papers in Bioethics, edited by Paul Nelson
- Death and Dying: Ethical Choices in a Caring Community,
Daniel E. Lee (1983)
- The Ethics of Conception and Contraception, Carl E.
- Health Care in America: A National Illness, edited by Harold
C. Letts (1974) The Problem of Abortion after the Supreme Court
Decision, Franklin E. Sherman (1974)
- Sex, Marriage, and Family: A Contemporary Christian
Perspective, edited by Cedric W Tilberg (1970)
Other Church-Related Publications
- Choices in Childlessness, The Report of a Working Party
set up in July, 1979, under the auspices of The Free Church Federal
Council and The British Council of Churches, EC.EC., 27 Tavistock
Square, London, U.K., WC IH9HH (1982).
- Final Report of the Study Project on In Vitro Fertilization:
Study Material and Guidelines, Division for Theological
Studies, Lutheran Council in the U.S.A. (May 6, 1983).
- Genetic Engineering: Social and Ethical Consequences,
Panel on Bioethical Concerns, National Council of the Churches of
Christ/U. S. A. , New York:,the Pilgrim Press (1984).
Resources for a Survey of Bioethics Including
Information on Audio-Visuals, Periodicals, etc.
- Harron, Frank, John Burnside, M.D. and Tom Beauchamp, Health
and Human Values: A Guide to Making Your Own Decisions. New
Haven: Yale University Press, 1983. Also available are three
companion volumes: Leader's Manual, Human Values in Medicine and Health Care: Audio- Visual
Resources and Biomedical-Ethical Issues: A Digest of Law and Policy
- The Hastings Center Report, The Hastings Center, 360
Broadway, Hastings-on- Hudson, New York 10706.
- Reich, Warren L, ed., Encyclopedia of Bioethics, Vols.
1-4. New York: Macmillan and Free Press, 1978.
- Shannon, Thomas A., Bioethics: Basic Writings on the Key
Ethical Questions that Surround the Major Modern Biological
Possibilities and Problems. Ramsey, New Jersey: Paulist Press,
Books by Religious Ethicists
- Allen, David E and Victoria S., Ethical Issues in Mental
Retardation. Nashville: Abingdon Press, 1979.
- Curran, Charles E., Issues in Sexual and Medical
Ethics. Notre Dame, Indiana: University of Notre Dame Press,
- Curran, Charles E., Politics, Medicine and Christian Ethics:
A Dialogue with Paul Ramsey. Philadelphia: Fortune Press,
- Fletcher, John C., Coping with Genetic Disorders: A Guide
for Clergy and Parents. San Francisco: Harper & Row,
- Fletcher, Joseph, The Ethics of Genetic Control: Ending
Reproductive Roulette. Garden City, New York:
- Hauerwas, Stanley, A Community of Character: Notre Dame,
Indiana; University of Notre Dame, 1981.
- Hauerwas, Stanley, Truthfulness and Tragedy. Notre
Dame, Indiana; University of Notre Dame Press, 1977.
- Lebacqz, Karen, ed., Genetics, Ethics and Parenthood.
New York: Pilgrim Press, 1983.
- Marty, Martin E., Health and Medicine in the Lutheran
Tradition. New York: Crossroad, 1983.
- McCormick, Richard A., S.J., How Brave a New World? Dilemmas
in Bioethics. Garden City, New York: Doubleday & Company,
- Ramsey, Paul, Ethics at the Edges of Life: Medical and Legal
Intersections. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1978.
- Ramsey, Paul, The Ethics of Fetal Research. New Haven:
Yale University Press, 1975.
- Ramsey, Paul, Fabricated Man: The Ethics of Genetic
Control. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1970.
- Ramsey, Paul, The Patient As Person: Explorations in Medical
Ethics. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1970.
- Thielicke, Helmut, The Ethics of Sex. Grand Rapids,
Michigan: Baker Book House, 1964.
- Weir, Robert, Selective Nontreatment of Handicapped
Newborns. New York: Oxford University Press, 1984.