Advent English Lutheran Church
Organized in October 1912 as a member of the General Synod, Advent English Lutheran Church constructed its 2 1/2 story parish-house building at 1345 N. Karlov Ave., at Kamerling Ave., in 1915. The upper floor of the building served as the parsonage until 1959, when it was converted to Sunday School classrooms. The lower floors served as worship space until the late 1960s, when a new worship facility was added.
In 1973 Advent consolidated with Hope Epiphany Lutheran (a merger of Hope and Epiphany) to form Incarnation Lutheran, which continued to use the building on Karlov Ave. On March 19, 1994, Incarnation consolidated with New Hope Lutheran to form Spirit of Joy Lutheran Church at 1345 N. Karlov Ave.
Original record books should be found at Spirit of Joy Lutheran Church, 1345 N. Karlov Ave., Chicago IL 60651.