Augsburg English Lutheran Church
Augsburg English Lutheran Church was founded on April 4, 1910, through the work of the local Advisory Board of Home Missions for the General Synod. Originally meeting in a store at 71st and State Streets, the congregation began with a Sunday School in November 1909. In 1911 the congregation purchased the lot on the northeast corner of 73rd Street and Wabash Avenue for $1,500. Construction on the church building began in August 1912 and the completed structure was dedicated on January 19, 1913.
It dissolved in 1954.
|George E. Sheffer
The church record books are located at the ELCA Region 5 Archives in Dubuque, Iowa. The ELCA Archives has congregational histories and other materials relating to Augsburg.
Augsburg English Lutheran Church, The Augsburg Lutheran Advocate, February 1913.
Augsburg Lutheran Church, 40th Anniversary of Augsburg Lutheran Church, 1950.