Christ English Evangelical Lutheran Church
Christ English Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3523 W. Wilson Ave., at Spaulding Ave., was organized on May 28, 1911 in the Albany Park district of Chicago, as a member of the General Synod.
Using a portable chapel on the corner of Eastwood and Spaulding, the first service was held on January 22, 1911.
In October 1912 the congregation selected a site at W. Wilson and Spaulding Avenues and began construction of a permanent building in Oct. 1913. The building was dedicated April 12, 1914. A parish house was completed in 1922 and a new sanctuary was built in 1923-24 and dedicated on April 27, 1924. The original building was used as chapel and gymnasium.
George P. Lottich
May 28, 1911-1970
Sons of the congregation (with ordination date)
Kenneth Hurst, 1926
Irwin R. Kraemer, 1928
Frank Hurst, 1929
Albert E. Iverson
Warner E. Holmgren
Original record books should be located at Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3253 W. Wilson Ave., Chicago, IL 60625-4430. The ELCA Archives has some congregation histories and other information relating to Christ Ev. Lutheran Church.
Christ English Evangelical Lutheran Church, Twenty-Fifth Anniversary, 1911-1936, 1936.