Trinity Lutheran Church of South Chicago
Trinity Norwegian Lutheran Church, a member of the United Norwegian Lutheran Church, was located at the corner of Burnham and 80th Streets, at 7950 S. Burnham, in South Chicago. The congregation, organized on March 18, 1900, built its first building in 1905. Prior to 1905, Trinity worshipped in the facilities of the Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Bethany
Trinity shared pastors with Nazareth Lutheran
in the West Pullman neighborhood.
Trinity dissolved in 1973.
Otto E. Schmidt
C.C. Skinsnes (student)
C. Havig Gjelseth
Reuben C. Teslow
Sigvard M. Tweeten
Trinity's records are now located at the ELCA Region 5 Archives at Wartburg Seminary in Dubuque, Iowa. The ELCA Archives has microfilmed records of Trinity's ministerial records from 1900-1971 on ALC film #795. The microfilm also includes congregational minutes from 1900-1937 and 1966-1973.
"Fiftieth Anniversary Golden Jubilee of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 7950 Burnham Ave., Chicago 17, Illinois," 1950.