Bethel Lutheran Church
Bethel German Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized in 1873 in Strongs Prairie, Wis., by the Rev. George Julius Drews. The church moved to Chicago around 1900. By May 1918 it was located at its present site at 5968 W. Rice St. (Rice and Austin Blvd.) in Chicago. It is now known as Evangelical Lutheran Bethel Congregational Church and is not a member of any synod.
Laube, William, Rev., Letter to ELCA Archives, Jan. 22, 1998.