Ebenezer Lutheran Church (Oakdale)
Ebenezer Lutheran Church in Oakdale on Chicago's South Side was organized on January 3, 1903 as a member of the Augustana Synod. Often listed just as "Oakdale" in Chicago city directories, its location was listed as 88th and Oakdale prior to 1910, afterwhich Oakdale was changed to S. Harvard St. Pastors Lorimer and Henderson were shared with Capernaum
, but after 1911 the congregation had no permanent pastor. The congregation dissolved around 1915. Pastors
S.J. Sebelius, 1904
Alfred T. Lorimer, 1907-1908
Carl Henderson, 1908-1911
Oscar Nelson, vice pastor, 1915Original records
Original records for Ebenezer are located at the ELCA Region 5 Archive in Dubuque, Iowa.