Nominations for Churchwide Committees and Boards
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America celebrates the diverse gifts of its members and asks that members consider sharing those gifts in leadership roles in this church.
Synods nominate and the Churchwide Assembly elects members to the Church Council. The 2011 Churchwide Assembly amended the ELCA constitution to allow the Churchwide Assembly to elect up to 12 additional Church Council members, nominated by the Nominating Committee.
The Churchwide Assembly also elects members to the following boards and committees:
• Mission Investment Fund Board of Trustees
• Portico Benefit Services Board of Trustees
• Publishing House of the ELCA (Augsburg Fortress, Publishers) Board of Trustees
• Committee on Appeals
• Committee on Discipline
• Nominating Committee
The 2013 Nominations Workbook, which is designed to aid in recommending nominees to the Nominating Committee, lists each committee or board for which there will be an election at the 2013 Churchwide Assembly.
The Church Council is responsible for filling vacancies on certain churchwide boards and committees.
The Church Council also elects members to the following boards and committees:
• Endowment Fund Board of Trustees
• Advisory Committee for The Lutheran Magazine
• Committee of Hearing Officers
• Lutheran Services in America Board of Directors
• Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service Board of Directors
• Boards of Certain Social Minstry Organizations
• Seminary Boards of Trustees
• National Lutheran Campus Ministry, Inc., Board of Directors
If you are interested in being nominated for election to a particular board or committee, please read and complete the online Nomination Form.
If you would like to nominate someone else, please ask him or her to read and complete the Nomination Form or e-mail the person’s name and contact information to the following address: email@example.com