Synod Monthly Remittances
The Office of the Treasurer in collaboration with Information Technology of the ELCA Churchwide Offices has provided a host of resources to synods to make their monthly remittances to the chuchwide offices as simple and as streamlined as possible.
These resources include the Synod Remittance Advice System (SRAS) system
, synod remittance advice manual
, synod gift data export tools
, the ACH Withdrawal form
, and the SRA-1 form
The Synod Remittance Advice System (SRAS)
The SRAS is an Excel-based system that streamlines and automates the process of submitting monthly synod remittance advices to the ELCA Churchwide Office.
The benefits of using the SRAS include:Synod Remittance Advice Manual
- Eliminating the need for duplicate data entry by the synod.
- Eliminating the need for data entry at the churchwide office. Electronic files are validated and automatically imported to our systems, reducing processing time by 90-95%.
- Eliminating the need for sending paper copies of remittance details by mail or fax.
- Automatically creates a dynamic synod remittance advice summary form (SRA-1).
- Produces a standardized electronic report format across all synods.
- Providing up-to-date information about valid churchwide Fund Codes and Congregation IDs.
- Microsoft Excel 2000 and higher
- Ability to run Excel VBA Macros
- Ability to export contribution data from your accounting system to an Excel spreadsheet that meets the requirements specified in the SRAS Manual.
This manual provides detailed instruction on how to use the Synod Remittance Advice System. (It is provided as an Adobe PDF document.) To obtain the manual, click here
Synod Gift Export Tools for the SRAS System
The following Microsoft Windows-based programs may be used to extract gift data from your synod's accounting software needed for import into the Synod Remittance Advice System.
Authorization for ACH Withdrawal Form
Synods are requested to complete an ACH withdrawal form
to streamline the remittance of funds. (This form is an Adobe PDF document.)
SRA-1 Form (Alternative Option to the SRAS system)
The SRA-1 Form is automatically completed by the SRAS system and is the preferred menthod of remittance. If a synod is unable to use the SRAS system, the synod may complete and submit the SRA-1 form on its own.
Not sending your remittances electronically?
If you can not use the Synod Remittance Advice System to submit your remittances electronically; Click here to obtain an Adobe PDF version of the SRA-1 form. This form allows for manual completion only.