Getting StartedThe Rostered Leader Profile (RLP) is for use by everyone on the ordained and lay rosters of the ELCA, as well as those who are candidates for these rosters.
The RLP is intended for use only by those on the rosters of the ELCA (or candidates for these rosters) and not by other church professionals (e.g. non-rostered musicians, youth & family ministers, directors of Christian education etc.).
Once completed and submitted, the RLP will be stored in the churchwide database. "RLP Search" (a page available only to synod bishops and authorized persons on their staffs) will make it possible to search the database of RLPs using a large variety of search criteria.
Steps for use of the Rostered Leader Profile
- Click here to download the Rostered Leader Profile (RLP).
- Unlike the Ministry Site Profile (MSP), you do not need to create an account in order to download a blank RLP. The RLP account is created automatically when the RLP is filled out and submitted to the system. You will be required to enter your Leader Key (an identifying number used by the Office of Secretary for each rostered leader). If you do not know your Leader Key, please contact your synod office.
- The RLP will reside on your computer while it is being completed. Take care to save your work and your password as you proceed.
- When you feel your RLP is complete and ready to submit, connect to the internet and click the “Submit” option at the end of the form. Be sure to enter a submit date as well as save, lock and print a copy for yourself. Save the password you used to lock the form.
- Both you and your synod office will receive an email confirming that the RLP has been received, check your email.
- The RLP does not become active in the system, however, until the Synodical Bishop approves it and the two supporting forms have also arrived:
- The Authorization and Release (signature) page.
- The Reference Recommendation form. (Go to Access Account on the Call Process Page to find this form)
- You can, as needed, go to “Access Account” on the web site at any time in order to
- Monitor the status of your RLP,
- Request a copy of your current RLP,
- Request supporting forms for your RLP, or to
- Request that your RLP be archived within the system.
- An existing RLP can be edited and resubmitted. However, a re-submission will require re-approval and a new signed Authorization and Release page. Once the new RLP is approved by the Synod Bishop, you should request that the previous RLP be archived. Your Bishop will also have to re-submit the Bishop's Recommendation form.
The MSP is filled out by leaders within the congregation or organization, under the guidance of the synod bishop or synodical staff. Once completed and submitted, the MSP will be stored within the ELCA’s mobility database. "Ministry Opportunities" makes it possible for rostered leaders and others to search the database of MSPs to learn of ministry openings, to read a basic snapshot of information about each opening, and to learn about the appropriate contact person for each call process.
The MSP and Mobility Database System are designed only for searches for those rostered within the ELCA. It is not intended for searches for other church workers, including lay professionals, non-rostered musicians or program directors.
Steps for use of the Ministry Site Profile
- Create a Ministry Site Profile account; you will be required to open an account and to give other identifying information in order to download a MSP.
- The MSP will reside on your computer while it is being completed. You should take care to save your work and your password as you proceed.
- When the MSP is completely done, follow the directions to
- Save your work to your computer,
- Print a copy for your records,
- Date your MSP
- Lock the form with a password.
- With the computer connected to the Internet, submit your form to the Mobility Database.
- You will receive an email confirming that the MSP has been received.
- The MSP does not become active in the system, however, until the Synodical Bishop approves it and allows it to post to the system.
- You can, as needed, go to “Access Account” on the web site in order to
- Monitor the status of your MSP,
- Request a copy of your current MSP in order to edit it for re-submission
- Request a copy of the supporting forms for the MSP (the Reflections and Reference forms).
- Request that your MSP be archived within the system.
- If you wish to update an existing MSP, you may edit the copy on your computer and re-submit it. You should also go to “Access Account” to request that the previous MSP be archived so as not to have the previous MSP active in the system at the same time.
- If your ministry site has more than one opening to be filled by a rostered leader, you must download a new MSP to reflect this second position and then submit it.