Always Being Made New: The Campaign for the ELCA was overwhelmingly approved in August 2013 by the voting members of the ELCA Churchwide Assembly. The five-year fundraising effort, the ELCA’s first comprehensive campaign, formally launched on February 1, 2014, and will end January 31, 2019.
The campaign seeks to raise $198 million in support of new and expanded churchwide ministries above and beyond those supported by your regular weekly offerings. This goal represents a 64 percent increase in designated funding for the ELCA’s existing and new ministry initiatives.Through several major goals and priorities, the campaign seeks to:
- Renew and begin new congregations
- End poverty and hunger, and overcome malaria
- Identify, train and support new leaders and engage young people in the life of this church
- Expand the ELCA’s disability ministries
- Grow this church’s capacity to serve globally, support ELCA missionaries and women leaders among global companion churches
Read a message from ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth A. Eaton on the Campaign for the ELCA.
Meet the campaign steering committee and leadership driving the Campaign for the ELCA.
Read ELCA news releases about the campaign:
- ELCA’s comprehensive campaign celebrates first year with nearly $45 million raised - 3/18/2014
- ELCA campaign nears $25 million mark - 9/4/2014
- ELCA embarks on first comprehensive fundraising campaign - 1/31/2014
- Proposal for ELCA's first ever major fundraising campaign is approved - 8/16/2013
Have questions about the campaign? We’ve answered several of the frequently asked ones here.