Domestic Hunger GrantsThe ELCA World Hunger-funded Domestic Hunger Grants support ministries that offer hope and assistance to many thousands of people who experience poverty and hunger in the United States. These grants do more than just give food to people who are hungry — in addition to immediate relief programs, ELCA World Hunger Domestic Hunger Grants fund projects in community development and community-based organizing and advocacy that strengthen the foundations of communities impacted by hunger and poverty.
In 2013, this program allocated a total of $786,900 to support 351 domestic projects and programs ranging from congregational food pantries to weekend backpack programs for children to job training and living-wage advocacy campaigns. ELCA World Hunger-funded Domestic Hunger Grants make a difference.
- Advocacy: 10 programs, $27,500
- Development: 39 programs, $98,600
- Organizing: 23 programs, $64,500
- Relief: 279 programs, $596,300
The 2014 grants process will follow this cycle:
- Deadline for submitting electronic application and supporting documents: July 17, 2013
- Notifications and checks mailed to grant recipients: First quarter of 2014