Ministry SitesThe Ministry Site Profile form (MSP)
provides congregations (single and multiple point parishes) and church-related organizations (schools, social ministry organizations, healthcare institutions, and agencies) a single, common form to use to describe their mission and their search for a rostered minister.
The MSP is filled out by leaders within the congregation or organization, under the guidance of the synod bishop or Call Process Administrator. Once completed and submitted, the MSP will be stored within the ELCA’s Mobility Database System (MDS). The web page, "Current Openings
," allows rostered ministers and others to search the database of MSPs to learn of ministry openings, to read a basic snapshot of information about each opening, and to learn about the appropriate contact person for each call process.
The Ministry Site Profile and Mobility Database System are designed only for searches for those rostered within the ELCA. It is not intended for searches for other church workers, including lay professionals, non-rostered musicians or program directors.
Ministry Site Profile
Steps for use of the Ministry Site Profile
- You will be required to create an account in order to open the Ministry Site Profile form and begin work.
- The MSP is a web-based form. Please save your work frequently as you proceed.
- When you have completed your MSP, and before you submit it to the MDS, you are encouraged to use the “Download PDF” option to view and review your work. Save a copy of the PDF to your computer. When all is ready, click “Submit.”
- You and your Call Process Administrator will receive an email confirming that the MSP has been received.
- The MSP does not become active in the system, however, until your synodical bishop approves the MSP and allows it to be posted.
- You can go to “Account Access/Ministry Status” on the website to monitor the status of your MSP. This page also has downloadable copies of the two supporting forms (the Seven Reflections and Reference Recommendation forms).
- If you wish to update the information on your MSP, go to “Account Access” to edit the existing MSP and re-submit it.
- If your ministry site has more than one opening to be filled by a rostered minister, you must complete an additional MSP to describe this second position and then submit it.
- Ready? You may click here to initiate or access the MSP and supporting forms.