St. Mark's English Lutheran Church
St. Mark's English Lutheran Church was organized in 1896 in the Lake View neighborhood of Chicago, and was a member of the Chicago Synod of the General Council. It was located on Addison Street, between Clark Street and Sheffield Avenue on the present site of Wrigley Field, which was also the site for the General Council's Chicago Lutheran Theological Seminary, founded in 1891 and located on four acres of ground bounded by Sheffield Ave., Waveland Ave., Clark St. and Passavant Hospital grounds.
In 1912 St. Mark's merged with the English Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity to form Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
Original records for St. Mark's are located at the ELCA Archives. Records include the parish record books from 1896 to 1912 and church publications from 1905-1906.