FinancialThe finances of the church, whether they are the finances of a congregation, synod or the churchwide organization, are an important and necessary function of its mission. Through responsibly organized and managed financial resources, we are able to support and carry on the work of the church as we serve and love our neighbor, and do God’s work of restoring and reconciling communities in Jesus Christ’s name throughout the world.
On the financial web pages, you will find information about the finances of the ELCA and resources helpful to treasurers, bookkeepers and leaders, including but not limited to:
- the churchwide organization's year-end report for the prior fiscal year;
- the most recent quarterly financial reports;
- the budget proposal as presented to the most recent Churchwide Assembly;
- resources for congregational treasurers and bookkeepers;
- various forms and procedures for synod treasurers and bookkeepers;
- mileage rate reimbursement information;
- an expense report form.