European American Lutheran AssociationThe European American Lutheran Association involves European descent members of the ELCA and partners of other ethnicities in being a visible and active anti-racist witness for a multicultural church.
The association exists to help dismantle racism, white privilege and white power by:
- Working together with all of the ELCA ethnic associations
- Claiming the biblical identity of one family created in God’s image
- Educating about racism, systemic oppression and structural privilege
- Collaborating on becoming an anti-racist, inclusive, multicultural church
- Deepening relationships throughout the diverse cultural and ethnic identities in the ELCA and its partners
- Modeling and welcoming multi-ethnic leadership throughout the church
For more information about the work of the European American Lutheran Association, joining or resources on anti-racism, visit www.crossculturalchurch.org or www.elca-eala.org.