World Malaria Day
Every year, millions of people around the globe observe World Malaria Day on April 25. The ELCA Malaria Campaign is again turning this day into a special week, inviting you and your congregation to participate.
Right now, we are at a historic moment in the life of our church and this campaign. Five years ago we set a goal, dreamed big with our Lutheran companion churches and partners, and set out to raise $15 million by 2015. The time to make this dream a reality is now.
Together, we have already raised over 90 percent of our goal. If we join together during this special time, we have the opportunity to reach the $15 million mark. Our goal by the end of World Malaria Week is that we will have raised $1 million, enough to fully fund the rest of our country programs. If we don’t reach our goal, malaria programs will not be able to be fully funded. The time is now. Together, we can make a lasting impact.
Find special World Malaria Day resources to help you observe World Malaria Day in your congregation.
- Educate others with a special World Malaria Day Power Point and script.
- Get an in-depth look at each country’s malaria program by downloading country profiles or accessing photos and descriptions.
- Order brochures, stickers, posters, offering envelopes and more.
- Watch and share one of the ELCA Malaria Campaign videos.
- Check out and subscribe to the malaria blog.