Mission Partners are ELCA congregations linked together in dynamic relationships to empower and expand the mission outreach of both partners.
Mission Partners utilize the Accompaniment Model, walking together in solidarity, practicing interdependence and mutuality. Gifts, resources, and experiences are shared with mutual advice and admonition to deepen and expand all efforts within God’s mission.
Through supportive relationships—Prayer, Presence, and Presents—these congregations share in the excitement of proclaiming God’s love. They understand that God has blessed them to be blessings for others.
Linkages developed between rural, suburban, and urban congregations, which encompass a variety of cultures and languages, enrich and invigorate the faithful. Linkages between existing, healthy congregations and new or renewing congregations provide encouragement and resources—for both—for growing in being God’s people in their locations.
· Share—and lift up in prayer—the joys and concerns of the other,
· Offer spiritual and emotional encouragement,
· Actively share the time and skills of their members for specific projects,
· Provide tangible items for ministry such as Sunday school materials, office equipment, or musical instruments, and
· Give financial gifts that may help acquire musicians, office and worship space, signage, brochures, program materials, or land.