Our Mission Support Committee invites you to enter into a covenant relationship with the Deaconess Community to work on mission projects.
Your organization must have a 501(c)(3) number (USA) or be a "Registered Charitable Organization" (Canada).
The Process for New Grants:
- January 15 - Letter of Intent submitted to the Mission Support Committee (due by 11:59 pm CST)
- January 30 - The Committee will review all the letters of intent and invite submission of full proposals
- March 15 - New proposals due to the Mission Support Committee
- May 31 - Grant awards will be announced and awardees will be notified
You provide a proposal that has:
- A gospel centered purpose that proclaims and furthers the reign of God among us
- A prophetic diakonia that commits itself to risk taking and innovative service on the frontiers of the church's outreach
- Cooperative partnerships that invite participation, bridge divisions, and accompany others in mission
- Inclusivity in mission that affirms the individual gifts of all people
- Stewardship that respects God's gifts of time, talents and resources
The Deaconess Community provides:
- Grant Monies
- Prayer Support
- Support personnel as needed or desired, if available
- Opportunities to tell your stories of ministry to the Deaconess Community
- Timely communication and support with a committee member and other members of the Deaconess Community
The Process for Renewing and Evaluating Grants
- March 15: Evaluation due for renewing a multi-year grant (e.g. second or third disbursement of a three-year grant.)
- May 31: Multi-year grant renewals will be announced and awardees will be notified.
- September 1 of year following reciept of single year grant : Evaluation due
- September 1of year following reciept of final installment of multi-year grant: : Final Evaluation due