LIVE Among God's Faithful People
As many of you as were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:27-28 NRSV) They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers...Day by day, as they spent much time together in the temple, they broke bread at home and ate their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having the goodwill of all the people.
(Acts 2:42, 46-47 NRSV)
...their abundant joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For, as I can testify, they voluntarily gave according to their means, and even beyond their means, begging us earnestly for the privilege of sharing in this ministry to the saints-and this, not merely as we expected; they gave themselves first to the Lord and, by the will of God, to us...(
II Corinthians 8:2-5 NRSV)
Living in community as God's faithful people is a gift of love, and an invitation to serve in mission. We are chosen not for position or privilege, but to live as faithful witnesses to the Good News of Jesus Christ. In our baptism we were made children of God and members of the body of Christ, the church. God's message of hope and reconciliation strengthens us in our faith walk. Our life in Christian community supports us as we experience the joys and struggles of life. In our walk we are encouraged to equally embrace all differences and celebrate the diversity of gifts that can strengthen us.
As we live among God's faithful people we:
Proceed to "Hear"
- Read and study God's Word
- Celebrate God's presence in our lives through regular participation in worship
- Receive gratefully God's blessings and return a portion of God's abundance through our giving
- Live a new life in Christ by caring for and encouraging others
- Pray daily for each other, our communities and all of creation as we move into God's future
- Renew daily a connection with baptism by making the sign of the cross on your forehead